.

.

Monday 15 June 2015

HARRY POTTER STUDIO TOUR!




On 19th December 2014 I turned 19 and got one of the presents EVER. Tickets to the Harry Potter Studio Tour! After 6 months waiting I was finally able to book it, and so on 11th June 2015 Alex and I finally went to Hogwarts. It was the most magical, fascinating day. We went in the afternoon after watching Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince in the morning as preparation for the day. One underground, overground and tour bus later we finally arrived.

My mum bought us the digital guide to listen to as you go round along with the souvenir programme for after, which were both so worth it! The digital guide went into so much detail about every set we saw, all the props and even included video interviews with the directors and actors involved. The amount of work that had gone into these films is really unbelievable. It was the fine detail that really blew me away. So much love has gone into every set, prop, costume etc. 

Something new to the tour was the Hogwarts express which was pretty incredible. You're able to walk on the train and look into the carriages, which were laid out depicting scenes from the different films. You also get to sit in replica carriages and pretend you're on the train. 

We reached the half way point and of course I had to try some butter beer! I would love to say it was so tasty I couldn't stop drinking it but if I am honest with you it was quite the opposite. Alex loved it so at least someone was able to drink it. 

The second part of the tour wasn't as long but it probably had the most breathtaking parts in it. You first move through the make section full of all of prosthetic face masks and dead body doubles. The second part was also where you get to go down diagon alley. The insides of the shop had so many props and just looking so amazing. It is hard to imagine this was how it was when they were filming. That being said it is hard to imagine eveything within the tour was actually what they used. 
You also get to see all the beginning sketches, concept art and scale models of the sets. It was so interesting to see. 

The last room was be far one of the highlights of the whole tour. I felt myself welling up as soon as I stepped in, I had to stop and compose myself. I'm not going to spoil what is in this last room but trust me when I say it is so incredibly beautifully breathtaking. I think the music being played was also contributing to making me teary! It was the perfect end to a perfect day.

Of course we visited the shop and I may have bought some Bertie Bott's Ever Flavor Beans, which have been so fun (except for Vomit) to taste. I also bought the Newt Scamander's Fantastic Beast and where to find them by J.K.Rowling which I've nearly finished reading. It is soon going to be turned into a film and I'm really excited to go see it!

Altogether I think I had one of the best days and I would really love to go back again some day.

It would be great to hear of other Potter lovers experiences and I'm looking for more blogs to read so it would be great if you wanted to leave a comment.

Liv ♥

Music favourites for this week:
Hedwig's theme - John Williams
Oh had I a golden thread- Eva Cassidy


No comments:

Post a Comment

About