.

.

Sunday 3 May 2015

PENTATONIX

                                                             
                                                                   


Mitch Grassi
Kevin Olusola
 
Scott Hoying
Kirstin Maldonado
Avi Kaplan
Helloooo

So on Thursday 30th April I was lucky enough to go and see Pentatonix again!
Pentatonix are up there as one of my favourite music groups. If you don't know they're a 5 person a capella group that cover a range of different songs as well as original material. Individually they're such great vocalists so put them together is just incredible. 

Starting with Problem we get the real sass from Mitch Grassi in his version of Iggy's rap. Mitch is also known for the impossibly high notes he is able to reach. The crowd would roar whenever he whacked one of those out. His control in the higher register is so overwhelming especially in "Aha!" ( which I have a feeling is a personal favourite of Mitch's!)

Near the beginning Kevin, the beatboxer slash cellist slash incredible vocalist in general held the audience by himself with just his cello and beatboxing skills. I was blown away as I think the whole audience was by how captivating it was. 

Scott is kind of like the main spokesperson for the group and leads quite a few of the songs but he too can sing high (in problem) and low (in Standing By). He secretly has one of the biggest ranges and his riffs were always on point.

One of my favourite covers they do is Rather Be. I just think it's so clever and I LOVE how Kirstie takes the lead in this one. I think Kirstie is for me the most underated vocalist. She has this incredible voice and makes what would be soooo difficult for normal singers to just sound effortless. Her voice is just so pure and I could listen to it all day. 

Avi Kaplan. Boss of the bass notes with the most charm I think I have ever come across. Probably one of my favourite performers he is just so smooth. Possibly one of my favourite songs of the night was 'Standing By' which of course is led by Avi. I fell in love with him when I saw them last year in May and he did not disappoint second time round!















Coming back for the encore they asked the audience  to be keeping silent so they could sing 'That's Christmas to Me' without mics and of course after a few seconds of the audience shhing each other the place was completely quiet           and it stayed that way all through the song as everyone was                                                              so mesmerised. This was one of my favourite part last year also                                                                  when they did Run to you and I think it's such a great idea. 

The whole concert was a night to remember and I couldn't fault it if I tried. I could keep rambling about every single song but I'm afraid I may be here awhile!

Liv ♥ 








No comments:

Post a Comment

About